This section is a new initiative aiming to support graduating students in their searches for employment after graduating from Villanova. To submit an opportunity to this page, please contact Kristin Williams at email@example.com.
Executive Director for Campus Ministries
University of Scranton
JOB ID #6698118162
|Posted:||October 20, 2014||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||December 19, 2014||Experience:||2-5 years|
|Location:||Scranton, PA||Education:||Graduate Degree|
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The Executive Director for Campus Ministries provides a comprehensive university-wide spiritual ministry program to students, including university Sunday worship experiences, moral/ethical education, leadership development, sacramental preparation, vocational discernment, and community enhancing events within the Ignatian tradition.
The Executive Director provides leadership to the Director of the Center for Service and Social Justice, Director of Liturgical Music/Ministries, Coordinator of International Service Programs, Campus Ministers and other office staff. The Executive Director will work closely with the local Jesuit community, the local church of Scranton, students, parents, families and Alumni.
Education: Master’s degree required
Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience directing campus ministries at a Jesuit institution; or progressive experience as a campus minister at a high school or college; or demonstrated experience leading others and/or programs advancing the Catholic and Jesuit mission. The position requires advanced interpersonal, communication, leadership and managerial skills.
Terminal degree preferred
The right candidate should be a practicing Catholic and a Jesuit priest is preferred.
Full time twelve months per year
Director of Youth Ministry
Immaculate Conception Church
JOB ID #4230118066
|Posted:||October 1, 2014||Terms:||Full Time Employee|
|Expires:||November 30, 2014||Experience:||2-5 years|
|Location:||Jenkintown, PA||Education:||Undergraduate Degree|
|Category:||Pastoral Ministry||Base Pay:||Salary|
Send applications or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Youth Ministry is responsible for the vision, outreach and coordination of all activities in the parish for junior-high and high school age parishioners. The Director of Youth Ministry is a full-time position reporting to the Pastor or the Director of Faith Formation.
• Active member in the Roman Catholic Church with no impediments to Full Communion.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of 2 years youth ministry experience in a Catholic parish
The Director of Youth Ministry at Immaculate Conception Parish is responsible for developing and implementing a parish-based pastoral ministry that effectively reaches out to the middle school and high school students in our parish of over 1100 families. The Director of Youth Ministry will coordinate programs for the Junior CYO (grades 5-8); High School CYO (grades 9-12) and Young Adult Group. An effective ministry will:
• Address all the youth of the community, which includes those in multiple public and private high schools, as well as the home-school communities.
• Involve effective collaboration with the parish staff and entire parish community under the sole direction of the Pastor and those designated to act on his behalf.
• Be present at and attend to the Parish Religious Education Program every Sunday whether it’s in the classroom or special activities.
A. Program Development
• Plan, coordinate and lead regular high school youth group meetings, and regular middle school youth meetings.
• Recruit, train, and coordinate a core team of young adults to assist with regular high school youth group meetings.
• Recruit, train, and coordinate a team of young adult volunteers who assist at regular middle school youth meetings.
• Plan, coordinate, and attend weekend retreats, service projects, and social activities beyond regularly scheduled meetings and events such as annual March for Life.
• Initiates ways of gathering data on the needs, interests, attitudes, and beliefs of our youth and young adults.
• Proposes and monitors an annual budget.
• Facilitate fund raising efforts to benefit the youth program.
• Collaborate with the Rectory staff in Safe Environment specifications.
• Determines effective means for publicizing and promoting programs and experiences.
• Initiates procedures for evaluating all aspects of the parish’s ministry to youth and young adult, including performance and needs of volunteers.
• Meets regularly with the Pastor or the Director of Faith Formation for update on youth activities and plans.
• Attends parish staff meetings and maintains effective relationships with all members of the parish staff.
• Acts as a liaison with other parish youth organizations, such as Saint Joseph the Protector School (StJP), Parish Religious Education Program (PREP), the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO).
• Coordinates youth activities with other parish events and organizations.
• Keeps parish faith community informed of youth ministry activities and goals, and solicits their support in the ministry.
• Updates and maintains youth ministry section of parish website.
• Is aware of community agencies and resources that interface with youth, as well as high school activities and events at which attendance of members of the parish youth ministry team could aid in relational ministry.
Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry, North Wales, PASt. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church
North Wales, PA
• Collaborates with St Peter’s Youth Ministry (7th through 12th Grade) volunteers to engage our teens in faith formation, fellowship and service activities.
• Plans and leads teen education with volunteer support.
• Develops and utilizes youth leadership.
• Partners with the Pastor to support St Peter’s Confirmation ministry.
• Plans and coordinates mission trips to span generations within the congregation.
• Pioneers and establishes events for young adults, to result in the formation of a young adult group.
• Partners with the Director of Children’s Ministry (pre-K through 6th Grade) and Director of Music Ministry to cultivate engagement in their respective ministries.
• Maintains ties with and leads outreach efforts to young adults/recent graduates of the congregation.
• Participation in Sunday worship