- Rescheduled: Come “dwell in possibility” … sit with these Emily Dickinson poems awhile, and join the sharing Friday at 1 in the dept lounge.
- Call for papers for the 10th annual Pappas Patristics Conference.
- If you are interested in teaching a 4th grade ccd class at Our Mother of Divine Providence for the rest of the year, email Lauren Joyce (graduate ’13) at email@example.com.
- Save the date: Spring Retreat April 4-6.
This Week Day by Day:
Monday, Feb 10th
In keeping with the rhythms of Mondays past, Erica Stewart misses all classes today.
Tuesday, Feb 11th
Looking for an opportunity to step back on the busyness of school life to relax and reflect? Come to Soul Sessions! This week’s topic will be a reflection on images of God. We will take time to meditate on where we see God’s hand working in our lives and contemplate better communion with Him. Come stop by St Rita’s Hall room 113 at 4PM for meditation, prayer and reflection!
“The Art of Reconciliation: To forgive or not to forgive” by our favorite pastoral ministry teacher, Dr. Joyce Zavarich, for the next installment of Theology On-Tap; and, as always, at 8PM, Bryn Mawr Beef and Ale.
Wednesday, Feb 12th
Latin Lunch, 1PM in Old Falvey Graduate Student Lounge–join us!
Thursday, Feb 13th
- Hebrew Bible Study group (Corr Hall Seminar Room at 12:30): “Am I My Mother’s Milk? Exodus, Wet-Nursing, and Midrash”
- Psychologist and Spiritual Writer, Robert Wicks, speaking on “Riding The Dragon” Strengthening Your Inner Life in Challenging Times; 7PM in the Church
Come cheer on The Apocalypse, your theology intramural basketball team, at 7PM on the Pavilion side court as they look to cap an undefeated season.
To paraphrase St. Paul, when writing to the people of Corinth, “There are many parts to the team. The fans belong to the team just as much as the players. The players cannot say to the fans, we do not need you! For God made all the parts necessary. If the players are honored, the fans are honored with it.”
Friday, Feb 14th (Mary’s Birthday!)
Poetry for Prayer: sharing these Emily Dickinson poems in dept lounge at 1:00.
Ladies, if don’t have a date yet for Valentine’s Day, there will be several eligible bachelors hanging around the theology department reading poetry if you wish to be wooed.