- Book Club begins this friday evening with the first 3 chapters of Death Comes for the Archbishop. See below for details.
- Call for papers for the 10th annual Pappas Patristics Conference.
- If you are interested in teaching a 4th grade ccd class at Our Mother of Divine Providence for the rest of the year, email Lauren Joyce (graduate ’13) at email@example.com.
- Save the date: Spring Retreat April 4-6.
This Week Day by Day:
Monday, Jan 27th
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament following the 5:30 liturgy. For those in the Sacraments class, and want a bit of background on this practice, check out Martos chapter 4 (looking for some extra credit for this shout out).
Tuesday, Jan 28th
Soul Sessions is back this semester at 4PM in St. Rita Rm 113 (Linda Jaczynski’s office). Check it out for a relaxing, meditative and spiritual practice with other graduate students.
Theology On-Tap, “Confirming the Gifts of the Holy Spirit” by Fr. Joe Mostardi and Brian McCabe; 8PM at Bryn Mawr Beef and Ale.
Wednesday, Jan 29th
Latin Lunch, 1PM in Old Falvey Graduate Student Lounge–join us!
Thursday, Jan 30th
- “A Developmental Perspective on Violence Exposure: Effects on Health in Childhood and Adulthood” Psychology lecture in Old Falvey Speakers Corner (which might mean the Library) at 4PM
- “What Are Economic Goods For? A Prolegomenon to the Question of Economic Justice” lecture by Mary Hirschfeld in Driscoll at 4:30; sponsored by Mission and Ministry
Come cheer on The Apocalypse, your theology intramural basketball team, at 9PM in the Butler Annex as they look to go 3-0. Maybe the most important event you attend all week…
Friday, Jan 31st
…until now! Says Bishop Latour and Father Vaillant. Book Club, 7PM at Eric D’s place. Email Michael Hagan to be on the email list and for more details. Coffee, tea, snacks, and, of course, travels around New Mexico in Death Comes for the Archbishop.