- Check out our new “Employment” Tab at the top of the page! Please contact Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are aware of any opportunities that should be listed on that page.
- The Spring Retreat is almost here! If you would still like to attend, please contact Lauren Joyce at email@example.com ASAP. The retreat will run from Thursday evening (April 26) through Saturday evening (April 28), with a cost of $10.
- This semester’s Closing Christian Ecumenical Prayer Service will be held on Thursday, May 3rd at 4pm in Corr Chapel. All are welcome!
Monday, April 16th
Tuesday, April 17th
- PULSE: People Uplifting Lives through Scripture Everyday 6-7pm. Pulse will meet in the Devon Room, Connelly Center. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Arielle Benjamin and Denise Diadyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, April 18th
- The University Partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is sponsoring a colloquium entitled “Gender & Justice: A Global Humanitarian Perspective,”with sessions at 4:30 and 7:30 p.m in the Villanova Room.
- The horrific stories of gender-based violence, particularly in conflict and disaster-affected communities, are gaining public attention. The question is what can be done about it. This two part colloquium offers a rare opportunity to learn first-hand from CRS experts who are responsible for designing and implementing gender-responsive programming in both development and crisis situations about how international relief and development agencies, like Catholic Relief Services, are working on the grassroots level to promote gender equality (one of the most effective ways to reduce poverty), prevent sexual and gender-based violence, and address the complex needs of survivors. Session 1: 4-5:30 p.m., “Responding to Sexual and Gender-based Violence in Humanitarian Crises.” Session 2: 7:30-9 p.m. “Global Poverty Reduction and the Gender Lens.” Both sessions are in the Villanova Room. For more information, contact: email@example.com
- Sant’Egidio Prayer Service. 6pm in Corr Hall Chapel.
- Group Centering Prayer: Please join fellow theology students at 3pm in Corr Chapel to take time to recenter yourself in God’s presence. (Non-denominational prayer.)
- Graduate Education and Villanova’s Catholic Identity: A Conversation @ 4pm, Bartley 1010- Refreshments Provided! Featuring Fr. David Cregan, Dr. Shams Inati, Dr. Patrick Markey, Dr. Louise Russo, Paul Camacho
Thursday, April 19th
Friday, April 20th
- Faith and Culture: Theologians of the Future in Dialogue. An Inaugural Graduate Theology Student Conference open to graduate programs from all universities. 3:30 PM – 8 PM in the West Lounge of Dougherty Hall. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Leonard Swidler, a Professor of Catholic Thought and Interreligious Dialogue at Temple University in Philadelphia. This conference aims to both foster dialogue among students in Villanova’s theology program as well as to engage our peers in other programs across the nation on the topic of what we are doing as students of theology, and how that will feed into our roles as the next generation of theological scholars.
- The topic for 2012 is entitled “The Role of the Theologian in the Public Square.” We encourage all of you to attend! For more information, contact AJ DeBonis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, April 21st
Sunday, April 22nd