Coming this week! “Long Lay the World: Advent Day of Reflection.” Saturday December 3rd, 10am- 4pm. In preparation for Christmas, we will be spending time in prayerful discussion and reflection on the prophetic voices of the Old Testament and the infancy narratives of the New. Lunch is included. The retreat is now FREE, thanks to the generosity of DiAnn Ecret! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Monday, November 28th
- “Latin Lunches” 12:30-1:30; Meet with Dr. McGuire and interested Grad Students to learn/study Ecclesiastical Latin in the Gathering Room. Email Andrew (email@example.com) for information.
- “How to Nail the Interview” 2:30-3:30; Garrey Hall, Room 117. Join Career Services to find out how to prepare for an interview, what to do during an interview, and how to follow up afterwards.
Tuesday, November 29th
How to Write a Winning Resume 4-5pm, Garrey Hall Room 117. Career Services will help you create a beautiful, professional, and meaningful resume on Microsoft Word.
- Sant’Egidio Prayer Service 6pm in Corr Chapel. All are welcome! For more information, please see The Community of Sant’Egidio website and contact Kathryn Getek Soltis, Director of the Center for Peace and Justice Education:firstname.lastname@example.org
PULSE: People Uplifting Lives through Scripture Everyday 6-7pm. Pulse will meet in the Devon Room, Connelly Center. This week will be the third official meeting, continuing to delve into scripture and Christian writings. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Arielle Benjamin and Denise Diadyk at email@example.com.
Wednesday, November 30th
- Weekly Bible Study beginning at 12:30 on the Ground Floor of St. Rita’s. The Scripture readings will cover the upcoming Sunday Gospel each week. Contact Kathy.Overturf@villanova.edu for more info.
- Graduate Student Potluck – following 5:20 Mass in Corr Chapel; Potluck after in SAC 203 – Conference Room Please contact Dan Guertin firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Sherman email@example.com if you have questions. See you there! If you know what dish you would like to bring for the potluck, please visit and enter your name and dish in this Google Document.
Thursday, December 1st
- Lecture: “Pre-Olympic Rio de Janeiro: The Dynamics of Urban Change” 4:00pm, Bartley Hall. Lecture delivered by Theresa Williamson, an outspoken and well-respected activist with dual citizenship in Brazil and Great Britain.
- Silent Prayer: 4pm in Corr Chapel
- Film Night: Babette’s Feast 7 PM, Corr Hall, Peace & Justice Classroom (ground floor opposite the Chapel). Join us for our last film night of the semester and Adventine “feast”. By turns funny and poignant, Babette’s Feast tells the story of village of cooky, devout, and aging Pietists in rural Denmark whose sacramental imagination is enflamed by a mysterious French refugee. See the “Fall Film Series” tab at the top of the page for more information.
Friday, December 2nd
- Conversations on Christianity & Culture Lecture Series featuring Dr. James Hunter: See HERE for more details. Contact Charlie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.
- American Catholic Historical Society: Christmas Social & Election of Officers for 2012 in Center City, Philadelphia, for more information, email Darren Poley (email@example.com).
Saturday, December 3rd
- Long Lay the World: An Advent Day of Reflection. 10am- 4pm in Corr Chapel- see details above in the “Announcements” section. We sincerely hope you join us for this beautiful day of prayerful preparation for the coming of Our Lord at Christmas!
Sunday, December 4th
- Greek Study, join fellow graduate students for casual Greek study in a coffee shop in Wayne at 2:00. Contact Charlie Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
- Handel’s Messiah in three parts at Proclamation Presbyterian Church in Bryn Mawr begins this day. Parts two and three scheduled for Dec 11th and 18th. Just show up or contact Charlie Johnson (email@example.com) to coordinate.
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Events!
- Tuesday, December 6th: Graduate Student Monthly Mass. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to serve in the liturgy- students and faculty of all faiths invited to attend.
- Early Dec: First Year, First Semester Discussion, time and date TBA
- Wednesday, Dec 14th: Noon-6pm Armchair Theology, join the GTSC for eggnog, gingerbread, and casual conversation in the department gathering room as we prepare for Christmas. . .and write all those papers!
- OMM Call for Papers! Catholic Social Teaching Conference in March 19-21, 2012: See HERE for more details. Deadline: December 31st, 2011
- Arthology, Villanova’s journal of creative arts, is now accepting submissions: poetry, short fiction, creative non-fiction, photography, and artwork, e-mail submissions to email@example.com