November is Augustinian Heritage Month! For more information on events, see the online PDF: CLICK HERE!
Time to register! “Long Lay the World: Advent Day of Reflection.” Saturday December 3rd, 10am- 4pm. In preparation for Christmas, we will be spending time in prayerful discussion and reflection on the prophetic voices of the Old Testament and the infancy narratives of the New. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Want to learn about becoming Catholic? “RCIA” (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) is the program through which the Catholic Church welcomes new adult members to the Church and provides sacraments of First Eucharist and Confirmation to those already baptized. Villanova’s RCIA program meets weekly on Thursdays in the Tracey Lounge in St. Rita’s Hall 6pm to 8pm. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Monday, November 14th
- “Latin Lunches” 12:30-1:30; Meet with Dr. McGuire and other interested Grad Students to learn/study Ecclesiastical Latin at noon in the Conference Room.
Tuesday, November 15th
- Sant’Egidio Prayer Service 6pm in Corr Chapel. All are welcome! For more information, please see The Community of Sant’Egidio website and contact Kathryn Getek Soltis, Director of the Center for Peace and Justice Education:firstname.lastname@example.org
PULSE: People Uplifting Lives through Scripture Everyday 6-7pm. Pulse will meet in the Devon Room, Connelly Center. This week will be the third official meeting, continuing to delve into scripture and Christian writings. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Arielle Benjamin and Denise Diadyk at email@example.com.
Wednesday, November 16th
- Weekly Bible Study beginning at 12:30 on the Ground Floor of St. Rita’s. The Scripture readings will cover the upcoming Sunday Gospel each week. Contact Kathy.Overturf@villanova.edu for more info.
Thursday, November 17th
- Rosary: 4pm in Corr Chapel
Friday, November 18th
Saturday, November 19th
- Fall written comprehensive examination.
- Augustinian Heritage Retreat. Come visit Augustinian parishes and discuss Augustinian spirituality with other students and friars. Meals provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Sunday, November 20th
- Greek Reading Group, 2pm-? Coffee shop in Wayne, join us to read from the Greek New Testament and the Didache. Contact Charlie (email@example.com) for more information.
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Events!
- Early Dec: First Year, First Semester Discussion, time and date TBA
- Dec 3: Ecumenical Day of Reflection! 10-4pm, Corr Chapel & Lounge Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Wednesday, Dec 14th: Noon-6pm Armchair Theology, join the GTSC for eggnog, gingerbread, and casual conversation in the department gathering room as we prepare for Christmas. . .and write all those papers!
- OMM Call for Papers! Catholic Social Teaching Conference in March 19-21, 2012: See HERE for more details. Deadline: December 31st, 2011.