GTSC Monthly Mass will be this week on Tuesday, Nov 8th at 5:20 in Corr Chapel. Contact email@example.com to be involved in the liturgy.
November is Augustinian Heritage Month! For more information on events, see the online PDF: CLICK HERE!
Want to learn about becoming Catholic? “RCIA” (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) is the program through which the Catholic Church welcomes new adult members to the Church and provides sacraments of First Eucharist and Confirmation to those already baptized. Villanova’s RCIA program meets weekly on Thursdays in the Tracey Lounge in St. Rita’s Hall 6pm to 8pm. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Monday, November 7th
- “Latin Lunches” 12:30-1:30; Meet with Dr. McGuire and other interested Grad Students to learn/study Ecclesiastical Latin at noon in the Conference Room.
- Penn for Life will be hosting Archbishop Chaput 7:30- 8:30pm: at Houston Hall on Penn’s Campus. The Archbishop will speak about the Catholic Church’s position on abortion, and why being pro-life is an important part of being a Catholic. Contact Rachel at email@example.com for more info.
- All-Day public reading of The Confessions 9am- 11:55pm: in Falvey Library’s 24-Hour Lounge. Drop by to listen, to take a turn reading and for refreshments! GTSC Hour 4pm- 5pm.
Tuesday, November 8th
- GTSC Monthly Mass at 5:20 in Corr Chapel. All are welcome to attend- contact firstname.lastname@example.org to serve in the liturgy.
- Sant’Egidio Prayer Service 6pm in Corr Chapel. All are welcome! For more information, please see The Community of Sant’Egidio website and contact Kathryn Getek Soltis, Director of the Center for Peace and Justice Education:email@example.com
PULSE: People Uplifting Lives through Scripture Everyday 6-7pm. Pulse will meet in the Devon Room, Connelly Center. This week will be the third official meeting, continuing to delve into scripture and Christian writings. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Arielle Benjamin and Denise Diadyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, November 9th
- Last day to withdraw from classes!
- Weekly Bible Study beginning at 12:30 on the Ground Floor of St. Rita’s. The Scripture readings will cover the upcoming Sunday Gospel each week. Contact Kathy.Overturf@villanova.edu for more info.
Thursday, November 10th
- Augustinian Corona 4pm: prayer with Fr. Joe Farrell. The Corona is a beautiful Augustinian prayer vaguely similar to the Rosary. Meet at 4pm outside Saint Mary’s Chapel or at 3:30 in the department. For more information on the Corona, CLICK HERE!
- Film Night! 7pm in Corr Hall. Details posted in the department near the water cooler.
Friday, November 11th
Saturday, November 12th
Sunday, November 13th
- Greek Reading Group, 2pm-? Coffee shop in Wayne, join us to read from the Greek New Testament and the Didache. Contact Charlie (email@example.com) for more information.
- Augustinian Young Adult Gathering, 3-5pm. Come gather for prayer, discussion, and meal. Contact joseph.l.farrell for reading and RSVP.
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Events!
- Saturday, Nov 19th: Augustinian Heritage Retreat. Come visit Augustinian parishes and discuss Augustinian spirituality with other students and friars. Meals provided. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Saturday, Nov 19th: Fall written comprehensive examination.
- Saturday, Dec 3rd: 10am-5pm: “Long Lay the World: Advent Day of Reflection.” In preparation for Christmas, this is time to spend in time of prayerful discussion and reflection on the prophetic voices of the Old Testament and the infancy narratives of the New. Contact email@example.com to register.
- Early Dec: First Year, First Semester Discussion, time and date TBA
- Wednesday, Dec 14th: Noon-6pm Armchair Theology, join the GTSC for eggnog, gingerbread, and casual conversation in the department gathering room as we prepare for Christmas. . .and write all those papers!
- OMM Call for Papers! Catholic Social Teaching Conference in March 19-21, 2012: See HERE for more details. Deadline: December 31st, 2011.
Events in the Area
Hands of Truth: Catholic Dinner & Dance
The purpose of the event is to gather Catholics from around the Archdiocese of Philadelphia to provide them with a night of entertainment, in a Catholic friendly environment, where they will share a meal, listen to a Catholic speaker, meet other Catholic people and enjoy music and dancing! Saturday, Nov 12th, 2011: 5pm-11pm at Finnigan’s Wake (3rd and Spring Garden Sts.) – in the Franklin Room. Cost $35. Special guest speaker for the night is Father Paul Dressler O.F.M. Cap. More info: www.handsofunity.org