Friendly reminder about Recycling in the Department: Please take glass/plastic/tin to the recycle containers located by SAC classroom 210.
A Schola is forming to sing for an ecumenical Vespers to close the Advent Day of Reflection on Saturday, December 3. An introductory meeting will be held before fall break, and practices will begin after the break. Practice times will be based on the schedules of the participants. The group will work on simple chants and a polyphonic setting of the Magnificat. An ability to read music would be helpful, but is not necessary. Please contact Dr. McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to indicate your interest.
“RCIA” is shorthand for the way the Catholic Church incorporates new adult members into its community. RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) describes a process of conversion that takes place at weekly gatherings in the Tracey Lounge in St.Rita Hall -6pm to 8pm begining the first Thursday in October. The process includes instruction in what Catholics believe, but more than that it involves a new way of life in Christ. Any student who wishes to be Baptized or receive First Eucharist or Confirmation or received into the Catholic church please contact email@example.com
Monday, October 3rd
Tuesday, October 4th
- “Latin Lunches” meet with Dr. McGuire and other interested Grad Students to learn/study Ecclesiastical Latin at noon.
- Graduate Student Monthly Mass– 5:20 Corr Chapel; To serve at future masses, please contact Lauren: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sant’Egidio Prayer Service. 6pm in Corr Chapel. All are welcome! For more information, please see The Community of Sant’Egidio website and contact Kathryn Getek Soltis, Director of the Center for Peace and Justice Education: email@example.com
- PULSE (People Uplifting Lives through Scripture Everyday) Information Session 6pm, Devon Room of the Connelly Center. Meetings are aimed at revolving around St. Augustine’s Tolle Legge, the upcoming weekly Mass readings, faith sharing, and communal mentorship. For more information, please contact Denise – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, October 5th
- FREE Graduate School Practice Exams at 6:00pm. Visit http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1105597-BgdQRnNZN3 to reserve your place
Thursday, October 6th
- Graduate Student Council Informational Meeting. 2PM, Devon Room, Connelly Center. They are looking for one more representative for the Theology Department. Please Follow this Link for more information on the GSC.
Friday, October 7th – Enjoy your Fall Break!
Saturday, October 8th
- Rembrandt Show at the Philadelphia Art Museum – Meet at Art Museum @ 10am.
Sunday, October 9th
Mark Your Calendars for Upcoming Events!
- Friday-Saturday, October 21-22: Thomistic Circles Conference: Christian Marriage: Nature and Sacrament at Dominican House of Studies in Washington, DC. Provide your own transportation.
- Sunday, October 23rd: Interdiciplinary Graduate Student Fellowship 10:30am Mass at St. Thomas of Villanova Church, followed by a trip to Center City for lunch. If you have not yet visited the Reading Terminal Market, now is the time! Bring cash for the Regional Rail Train and lunch. Please RSVP to Dan Guertin: email@example.com or Michelle Sherman firstname.lastname@example.org by October 21st.
- Saturday, November 19th: Augustinian Heritage Retreat. Contact email@example.com to register.